People leave the familiar comforts of one’s home to travel abroad for a variety of reasons. The most frequent reason why people travel is due to their interest towards other cultures and traditions and, not surprisingly, for the thrill and fun of it. Having a great time outside your country is often an unforgettable experience of your life yet it can also be a nightmare. Imagine falling ill or meeting accidents while you’re on international travel tours or worse losing your travel documents, money or luggage. There are various mishaps that may potentially happen while you are supposed to be living a brief part of your dream.
Are these misfortunes preventable? Understandably, there are a few mishaps which might be tough to stop like getting sick but most of them can certainly be prevented. There are tons of safety tips that travelers must adhere to if they wish to avoid getting tricked and getting into trouble. Here are those precautions that every traveler on travel and tours are required to follow:
1. Plan your trip well. A great deal of the unpleasantness might be eradicated or minimized if you plan your vacation. Check up on your itinerary, travel documents, credit and insurance. Will you be traveling together with other people in a group tour or are you traveling solo? The latter is definitely risky particularly if you are female, yet, one cannot let fears and worries rule over your travel plans. Adopt safety measures if you want to travel solo like doing research and planning especially in deciding which places to go to, the modes of travel and also the accommodations.
2. Regardless of the usefulness of having charge cards, make certain you will have enough cash that is accessible for you personally without carrying too much cash at one time. Do not open your wallet with all of your cash publicly. Use your head any time you withdraw money from an Cash machine. Don’t ever withdraw from Automated teller machines in areas which don’t have much lighting. Whenever possible, do all of your withdrawing in the morning with a lot of people; this is a lot safer. Keep these close to your body on a regular basis along with your travel documents in order to avoid losing them or being stolen.
3. Choose your places to stay. Keep your hotel door locked at all times; when eating, having a shower, relaxing and even more importantly, when sleeping. Inform hotel personnel should you you are likely to go back late and never leave expensive things like jewelries, gadgets and cash in the hotel room when you’re not there. Also, prior to leaving and having fun, make sure that you are aware of the safety drill in the hotel; check the many fire exits etc.
4. You are out to have a good time and meeting people is part of that. It is fine to meet and have fun with others but don’t swap information with others you hardly know. Do not accept drinks from strangers you meet while in the bars and particularly never bring strangers to your place.
5. Stay alert on a regular basis. To remain alert, one needs to stay sober. Getting drunk is definitely a wrong decision. Do not drink too much alcohol if you’re a new comer to a particular place and as much as possible; do not drink drinks given by others. Ensure that you know very well what is in it.
6. Stay in contact with a family or friend back home in order that they will be aware of where exactly you are as much as possible. If you’re doing slow travel and taking back roads most of the time, it is recommended to inform the locals and look for security information.
7. Never trust drinking water while in the different places you visit. Bring or drink only bottled water all the time. You are never going to know when you’re going to need it, nevertheless it pays to take water purification tablets which you can use when bottled water is just not available. You will need these especially if traveling by bus or train and in cross-country road trips.
There are several more safety rules for International Travel Tours that travelers can follow stay safe but without getting paranoid . These rules are going to be great assistance to travelers who want to steer clear of trouble. By using these rules, it’s possible to have a good time as well as at the same time stay safe.